Students for Democracy - uncensored international political forums
  StudentsforDemocracy home     StudentsforDemocracy - forums     StudentsforDemocracy - guestbook  
Register   Login  

Students for Democracy Forums - International political debates Active TopicsActive Topics   Forum Search for members only!Search   HelpHelp   Join StudentsforDemocracy - all you need is a username and a passwordRegister   LoginLogin

SfD mailtrap (does not appear in browsers): n.bcttvdwr@contact.studentsfordemocracy.org

History, Political Philosophy & Religion
 Students for Democracy forums : History, Political Philosophy & Religion
Subject Topic: US companies & the Nazis Post Reply Post New Topic
 5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!
Meaning of life: Beat tude dog by #posts

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/December/2003 at 02:47 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

I don't know how many US companies made business with Germany before or after WW2. But during WW2 the impressive number is 533.

That means that 533 US companies were supporting the Nazis although their own country was in state of war with Germany. Holy profit!

One example out of severals I could name is Opel, 100% controlled by General Motors.

Opel produced more than 100.000 military vehicles for the Nazis. The famous 'Opel Blitz' was the spine of the German Wehrmacht, without that truck the Germans would not even reached Vienna in 1938. Several Nazi Generals stated that without the 'Opel Blitz' the war would have been absolutley impossible.

Although whole Germany was bombed, most of the Industry was crushed, the Opel company wasn't bombed until June 1944. 'Funny' enough, Opel received reparations for that bombing. 32 million USD.

And no, the Opel company was absolutely free from any Nazi influence, it was under American control until the very end of the war.

Ford, Standard Oil, IBM and the other 529 US companies did the very same. They profited from a war against their very own countrymen. They were not sued or shot for commiting treason, no they all received reparations from the US government. Because the evil US government finally ordered to bomb their German production sites. Except for the Ford production sites. These sites were only hit lightly. And Ford only received 1/2 million dollars from the government.

When the British Ford production sites asked their American owners to produce engines for British military vehicles, Ford didn't allow that. All military production must be for the American defense, Ford said.

The Nazi-controlled Ford production sites produced 80.000 military vehicles for the Nazis at the same time. But Ford was generous too: They paid 4 Reichsmark for every working day of a KZ prisoner who worked at Ford. They even built a Konzentration camp right next to their production site.

BTW, Hitlers 'Mein Kampf' (My struggle) was based on Henry Fords book "The international Jew". Henry Ford was admired by Hitler and admired Hitler at the same time. They were brothers in mind.

BTW part II, IBMs business machines (Hollerit) were used to organize the holocaust in Ausschwitz. In fact, the Nazi economy was deeply depending on IBM machines.

But, hey, capitalism is about making money, after all. Profit is all that counts, right?

EngineerSoldier
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

The spirit of the times

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 03:09 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote EngineerSoldier

Yeah and terrorists couldn't organize without cell phones. What should we do about that? abandon the capitalism that is out to kill us?

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 03:30 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

That's something completely different. By the way, the cell phone market in Iraq was discussed and split in US before the war even began.

EDIT: Selling products to the free market is different from prducing military good for your enemy, don't you think so?

Message inserted by SfD invitation bot:

Think your English is not good enough to post here?
Nobody cares! Just start to post.

Edited by twiw on 10/December/2003 at 03:31

EngineerSoldier
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

The spirit of the times

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 03:40 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote EngineerSoldier

Yeah I guess. Making stuff isn't the most evil thing you can do. Actively trying to sabatoge your allies' attempt at rallying world opinion and military might against a horrible tyrant, and not making any money from it, is worse.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/1003413.asp?0cv=CA01

nope not making ANY money from it, LOL

That is really juvenile, I agree,  but yea I support it, quietly.

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 03:53 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

Awww, come on, there is no need to turn every thread into some kind of 'Saddam and the French are evil'-thing....

EngineerSoldier
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

The spirit of the times

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 04:02 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote EngineerSoldier

Well they are. The world must know.

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 04:05 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

We know that you know that the French know that you secretly love them.

EngineerSoldier
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

The spirit of the times

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 04:13 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote EngineerSoldier

What the hell is with you people?, you've all turned queer!!!

geez.

I really don't like France.

le Gaulois
Master Senior Member
Master Senior Member

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 14:03 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote le Gaulois

EngineerSoldier wrote:
Yeah and terrorists couldn't organize without cell phones. What should we do about that? abandon the capitalism that is out to kill us?

I don't understand you. These US companies twiw mentioned actually caused the death of US soldiers. And they caused the death of civilians, they supported the holocaust and they supported the Nazis. They were producing military goods for the Nazis war and holocaust. And not small amounts of goods, but, as twiw said, 'the spine of the Wehrmacht'!

And you don't have any problems with that????

Twiw only forgot to say that Henry Ford received the highest medal Germany could give to foreigners. He is truely an American Hero.

Genosse
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
trotzdem wars schön

Posted: 10/December/2003 at 14:56 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Genosse

EngineerSoldier wrote:
What the hell is with you people?, you've all turned queer!!!

geez.

I really don't like France.

But we wuuuuuuuuuv youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Sgt. Pepper

Posted: 13/December/2003 at 14:21 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Sgt. Pepper

twiw wrote:

I don't know how many US companies made business with Germany before or after WW2. But during WW2 the impressive number is 533.

That means that 533 US companies were supporting the Nazis although their own country was in state of war with Germany. Holy profit!

One example out of severals I could name is Opel, 100% controlled by General Motors.

Opel produced more than 100.000 military vehicles for the Nazis. The famous 'Opel Blitz' was the spine of the German Wehrmacht, without that truck the Germans would not even reached Vienna in 1938. Several Nazi Generals stated that without the 'Opel Blitz' the war would have been absolutley impossible.

Although whole Germany was bombed, most of the Industry was crushed, the Opel company wasn't bombed until June 1944. 'Funny' enough, Opel received reparations for that bombing. 32 million USD.

And no, the Opel company was absolutely free from any Nazi influence, it was under American control until the very end of the war.

Ford, Standard Oil, IBM and the other 529 US companies did the very same. They profited from a war against their very own countrymen. They were not sued or shot for commiting treason, no they all received reparations from the US government. Because the evil US government finally ordered to bomb their German production sites. Except for the Ford production sites. These sites were only hit lightly. And Ford only received 1/2 million dollars from the government.

When the British Ford production sites asked their American owners to produce engines for British military vehicles, Ford didn't allow that. All military production must be for the American defense, Ford said.

The Nazi-controlled Ford production sites produced 80.000 military vehicles for the Nazis at the same time. But Ford was generous too: They paid 4 Reichsmark for every working day of a KZ prisoner who worked at Ford. They even built a Konzentration camp right next to their production site.

BTW, Hitlers 'Mein Kampf' (My struggle) was based on Henry Fords book "The international Jew". Henry Ford was admired by Hitler and admired Hitler at the same time. They were brothers in mind.

BTW part II, IBMs business machines (Hollerit) were used to organize the holocaust in Ausschwitz. In fact, the Nazi economy was deeply depending on IBM machines.

But, hey, capitalism is about making money, after all. Profit is all that counts, right?

And people accuse Switzerland because of their business relations to Nazi-Germany. Switzerland was neutral and encircled by Fascists.
US was safe, secure and their enemy.

Back to Top View Sgt. Pepper's Profile Search for other posts by Sgt. Pepper

Libertarian

Posted: 05/June/2004 at 07:07 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Libertarian

Well whats your point? I could not help that certain american companies were filthy nazi bootlicking traiters.

I find this very hard to swallow, but if they did, how did they get away with it? Selling implements of war to an enemy during war seems to constitute treason does it not?

/RRN

Message inserted by SfD invitation bot:

Been lurking for quite some time here? Then it is time now to let us know what you think!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to Top View Libertarian's Profile Search for other posts by Libertarian Visit Libertarian's Homepage

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 05/June/2004 at 07:17 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

Libertarian wrote:

Well whats your point? I could not help that certain american companies were filthy nazi bootlicking traiters.

I find this very hard to swallow, but if they did, how did they get away with it? Selling implements of war to an enemy during war seems to constitute treason does it not?

/RRN

I posted this because of the manyfold - justified - accusations  of Switzerlands trading with Nazi Germany. Switzerland - doubtless morally bancrupt - traded with the Nazis to be able to survive. The US traded for profit.

tude dog
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
poor me,poor me, pour me another one

Posted: 05/June/2004 at 08:15 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote tude dog

I fully understand twiw in his frustration.

Well, maybe not fully, but the plight of his nation was obvious.

I have to admit I do not know very much about Switzerland.

In William L. Shirer's book Berlin Diary, after Germany invaded Poland he wrote of his desperate desire to get his wife and young son out of Switzerland.

Whereas in previous years doing his job in Germany as reporter and broadcaster, he found Switzerland an island of sanity. But as soon as the war began life there became precarious.

Shortages of all kinds etc.

That book was not about war time Switzerland, but gave a glimpse into life at that time.

For anyone interested in WW2 both of Shirer's books, Berlin Diary and The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich are recommended reading.

Back to Top View tude dog's Profile Search for other posts by tude dog Visit tude dog's Homepage

EngineerSoldier
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

The spirit of the times

Posted: 07/June/2004 at 23:49 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote EngineerSoldier

le Gaulois wrote:

EngineerSoldier wrote:

I don't understand you. These US companies twiw mentioned actually caused the death of US soldiers. And they caused the death of civilians, they supported the holocaust and they supported the Nazis. They were producing military goods for the Nazis war and holocaust. And not small amounts of goods, but, as twiw said, 'the spine of the Wehrmacht'!

And you don't have any problems with that????

Twiw only forgot to say that Henry Ford received the highest medal Germany could give to foreigners. He is truely an American Hero.

France has both caused the death of US soldiers and openly wished it.

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 08/June/2004 at 02:30 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

tude dog wrote:

I fully understand twiw in his frustration.

Well, maybe not fully, but the plight of his nation was obvious.

I have to admit I do not know very much about Switzerland.

In William L. Shirer's book Berlin Diary, after Germany invaded Poland he wrote of his desperate desire to get his wife and young son out of Switzerland.

Whereas in previous years doing his job in Germany as reporter and broadcaster, he found Switzerland an island of sanity. But as soon as the war began life there became precarious.

Shortages of all kinds etc.

That book was not about war time Switzerland, but gave a glimpse into life at that time.

For anyone interested in WW2 both of Shirer's books, Berlin Diary and The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich are recommended reading.

I'm actually not frustrated about the blame Switzerland gets for their doings in WW2. That blame is fully justified, I'd be the last one who would deny that.

Frustrating is that most people only know "Stolen Gold, killed Jews & Nazi collaboration", are repeating that over and over, and think they have a point.

I have asked all and every of them what THEY would have done when being in the position to rule Switzerland at that time. If they would have sacrificed a cnoutry that was completely surrounded by the Fascists (Germans and Italians) and 100% dependable from imports - as Switzerland has zero natural resources. Imports from the Fascist of course, if you're surrounded by them you won't get anything else.

I never got an answer except for such brillant replies like "marching against the Nazis and dying with honor blablabla".

Fact is that we dealt with the Nazis a huge lot (as well as with the Allies, but not quite as much with them), we have been the only country in the world that dealt with the gold the Nazis stole from the occupied countries national banks, we have taken much of the gold that was broken out of the gassed Jews teeth, we have delievered lots of weapons to Nazi Germany - we have been the devils bankers.

Without Switzerland Hitler wouldn't have been able to finance his war latest in winter 1943. The war would have been over by then, without Switzerlands money-washing. Most people don't know about this.

Fact is that the Swiss suddenly said "The ship is full", meaning that they could not take more Jewish refugees because they claimed not to have enough space for them. The Swiss customs sent thousands of Jews dircetly back into Germany, causing their death in the Nazis gas chambers.

Fact is that the only reason why Hitler did not invade Switzerland, was that they financed his war through their trade with the Nazi-gold. The Swiss army was a joke compared to the Wehrmacht, and Hitler would have invaded them within one day. That is not an exaggeration, the Swiss master plan was that all amjor cities would have been given up in case of an attack, and that the entire Swiss army would have moved into the mountains, the so-called Gotthardfestung. Hitler would have been sitting in Zurich, drinking a coffee, while the Swiss would have defended some worthless mountains - that would never have been attacked by Hitler. It's not only me who considers the Swiss master plan as one of the most id**tic military tactics ever. The still-alive Swiss myth, that the large Swiss militia made Hitler hesitate from invading is a bad joke. A man, who conquered entire Europe, attacked Russia with the biggest military effort ever and wanted to rule the world would not even have hesitated for a second when there would have been a proper reason to invade tiny Switzerland.

And that reason he never had. To keep the Nazis bankers in Switzerland alive and working

Back to Top View twiw's Profile Search for other posts by twiw

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »
  Select the text you want to have translated Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version