Students for Democracy - uncensored international political forums
  StudentsforDemocracy home     StudentsforDemocracy - forums     StudentsforDemocracy - guestbook  
Register   Login  

Students for Democracy Forums - International political debates Active TopicsActive Topics   Forum Search for members only!Search   HelpHelp   Join StudentsforDemocracy - all you need is a username and a passwordRegister   LoginLogin

SfD mailtrap (does not appear in browsers): n.dgjdbura@contact.studentsfordemocracy.org

The SfD Poetry Island
 Students for Democracy forums : The SfD Poetry Island
Subject Topic: Quotes ! Post Reply Post New Topic
 5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31/May/2004 at 12:04 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

"The day we hang the capitalists, they will try to sell us the rope."
-V.I. Lenin.

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" - 'Mahatma' Gandhi

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." - Malcolm X

"Israelis must abandon the myth that it is possible to have peace and occupation at the same time, that peaceful coexistance is possible between slave and master." - Marwan Barghouti

"Speak not of revolution until you are willing to eat rats to survive" The Last Poets

The rich mug the working class everyday through a system called capitalism

"there was nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the prior government that could envision flying airplanes into buildings"

Bush

Back to Top View PenguDaPenguin's Profile Search for other posts by PenguDaPenguin

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 29/June/2004 at 10:01 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

“Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”

— Ariel Sharon
Israeli Prime Minister, homicidal psychopath
Knesset, Tel Aviv, October 3, 2001

“The greatest crime since World War II has been U.S. foreign policy.”

— Ramsey Clark
former U.S. Attorney General

“There was no war. No combat. There was only a deliberate, systematic genocide of a defenseless population while barely setting foot on Iraqi soil. When Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said in 1967, ‘The greatest purveyor of violence on earth is my own government’, he could not have dreamed in his worst nightmare what the U.S. did to Iraq.”

— Ramsey Clark

“I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.”

— General Smedley Butler
USMC (Ret.) 

“I would like to talk on behalf of all those veterans and say that several months ago in Detroit we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged, and many very highly decorated, veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia. These were not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command. ...

“They told stories that at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam, in addition to the normal ravage of war and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.”

— John Kerry
Navy lieutenant, leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
in testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
April 23, 1971 

Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write - Voltaire
Back to Top View PenguDaPenguin's Profile Search for other posts by PenguDaPenguin

Yawn

Posted: 29/June/2004 at 14:15 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Yawn

For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it is always wrong. -Mencken
Back to Top View Yawn's Profile Search for other posts by Yawn

cwintraining
Israel/Palestine Moderator Group
Generous donor to SfD!
Member of Scandalous Liberal Alliance

Posted: 30/June/2004 at 07:40 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote cwintraining

Did it not occur to you that replying simply by quoting someone is a neat, simple solution? Perhaps, you then could come up with a better solution.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to Top View cwintraining's Profile Search for other posts by cwintraining

Indubioproreo
Master Senior Member
Master Senior Member

Posted: 30/June/2004 at 13:22 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Indubioproreo

PenguDaPenguin wrote:
“Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.” — Ariel Sharon

I heard about that quote. Did he really say that? I mean, he can think it, but saying it with the chance that it would be published would be extremely stupid.

Sharon may be a killer, but he's for sure not stupid, at least I think he isn't.

Back to Top View Indubioproreo's Profile Search for other posts by Indubioproreo

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 30/June/2004 at 13:54 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

I Googled the whole phrase and

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=+%E2%80%9CEvery+time+we+do +something%2C+you+%5BShimon+Peres%5D+tell+me+America+will+do +this+and+will+do+that...+I+want+to+tell+you+something+very+ clear%3A+Don%E2%80%99t+worry+about+American+pressure+on+Isra el.+We%2C+the+Jewish+people%2C+control+America%2C+and+the+Am ericans+know+it.%E2%80%9D+&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=G oogle+Search&meta=

Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write - Voltaire

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 30/June/2004 at 13:55 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

A point

Edited by PenguDaPenguin on 02/July/2004 at 12:08

cwintraining
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 30/June/2004 at 15:17 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote cwintraining

I'm sure the Knesset keeps minutes of all its meetings. If you can't find it there, then websites like www.govsux.com are not going to prove it to me.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Hibakusha no Ko
Master Senior Member
Master Senior Member

Posted: 30/June/2004 at 16:20 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Hibakusha no Ko

"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
- Joseph Stalin

Quote:
“The greatest crime since World War II has been U.S. foreign policy.”

— Ramsey Clark

That's... interesting. Much digression on that topic, there is.

tude dog
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
poor me,poor me, pour me another one

Posted: 01/July/2004 at 04:35 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote tude dog

"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer.
You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves."

-William Boetcker

While the State exists, there can be no freedom. When there is freedom there will be no State.

Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

"How do you tell a Communist?
Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.
And how do you tell an anti-Communist?
It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

-Ronald Reagan

"The years ahead will be great ones for our country, for the cause of freedom and the spread of civilization. The West will not contain Communism, it will transcend Communism. We will not bother to denounce it, we'll dismiss it as a sad, bizarre chapter in human history whose last pages are even now being written."

-Ronald Reagan

"In our country, the lie has become
not just a moral category
but a pillar of the State."

-Alexander Solzenitshyn

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life.
If we can undermine these three areas,
America will collapse from within."

Joseph Stalin

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 01/July/2004 at 16:19 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

Tude wrote:

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life.
If we can undermine these three areas,
America will collapse from within."

Joseph Stalin

Mmmm.....Interesting

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 02/July/2004 at 08:49 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

“This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it.”

— Abraham Lincoln
First Inaugural Address
March 4, 1861

“We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both.”

— Louis Brandeis
Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939

“Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power.”

— Benito Mussolini
1883-1945
Fascist dictator of Italy

“There are no important media outlets in the U.S. that are not owned or controlled by Jews.”

— Israel Shamir
Russian-Israeli journalist
in his article
“Midas Ears”
Note: Israel Shamir is a decent, conscientious man.
His statement is meant not as an ethnocentric boast,
but as a wake-up call.

“The few who understand the system, will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favors that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantages...will bear its burden without complaint, and perhaps without suspecting that the system is inimical to their best interests.”

— Rothschild Brothers of London
communiqué to associates in New York
June 25, 1863 

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 02/July/2004 at 08:50 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

“I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country.”

— Thomas Jefferson

“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson.”

— President Franklin D. Roosevelt
in a letter written to Colonel House
November 21, l933

“But we’re not a democracy. It’s a terrible misunderstanding and a slander to the idea of democracy to call us that. In reality, we’re a plutocracy: a government by the wealthy.”

— Ramsey Clark
interview in The Sun magazine, August 2001

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 02/July/2004 at 11:48 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

“Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind.”

— General William Westmoreland
United States Army

“In war, truth is the first casualty.”

— Aeschylus
525-456 B.C.

“We paid $3 billion for these television stations. We will decide what the news is. The news is what we tell you it is.”

— David Boylan
WTVT station manager
April 16, 1997

“We never see the smoke and the fire, we never smell the blood, we never see the terror in the eyes of the children, whose nightmares will now feature screaming missiles from unseen terrorists, known only as Americans.”

— Martin Kelly  

Message inserted by SfD invitation bot:

Welcome to SfD, guest! Please take the time and register to join us.

PenguDaPenguin
Elite Member
Elite Member
BRB Church

Posted: 02/July/2004 at 12:07 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote PenguDaPenguin

LOL ! I REALLY like this quote ! Way To Go

"It is not anti-Semitic to criticize the policies of the state of Israel." -- Colin Powell

cwintraining
Generous donor to SfD!

Posted: 02/July/2004 at 17:24 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote cwintraining

Of course it's not. Not until you start accusing them of Zionist conspiracies. And how cute that you're quoting our Secretary of State to prop up your ability to criticize a country.

Message inserted by SfD invitation bot:

Disagree? Think the above is bullshit? Then tell us why!

-Friedrich Nietzsche

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »
  Select the text you want to have translated Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version