Students for Democracy - uncensored international political forums
  StudentsforDemocracy home     StudentsforDemocracy - forums     StudentsforDemocracy - guestbook  
Register   Login  

Students for Democracy Forums - International political debates Active TopicsActive Topics   Forum Search for members only!Search   HelpHelp   Join StudentsforDemocracy - all you need is a username and a passwordRegister   LoginLogin

SfD mailtrap (does not appear in browsers): n.dgjdbura@contact.studentsfordemocracy.org

The SfD Poetry Island
 Students for Democracy forums : The SfD Poetry Island
Subject Topic: serial novel Post Reply Post New Topic
 2 Pages  1 2 »
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
animus

Posted: 30/May/2004 at 06:35 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote animus

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

God how I hate that sound, it doesn't help that the wife shut it off because I know I must get up anyway.

So tired I can barely shove the covers off and roll over the edge of the bed. It is still dark, but I know where my undergarments, trousers, and shirt are. It is all done with my eyes shut. Socks and work shoes next, oh so exhausted.

To the toilet next, but the mirror shows that a brief splash of cold water on the face does not help.

The wife as always prepares my breakfast as I like it, a buttered roll with marmalade and mild black coffee. A few minutes to listen to the radio news and I take a peek into the kids room, always amazed at their innocence.

Time to go. I pick up my lunch bucket, kiss the wife and as usual pinch her butt and out the door.

Outside there is a cold rain, but it is really a relief from the humid apartment. It is refreshing as I walk to the street car station where I will catch a tram to near where I work.

On the tram as is usual when it is wet, there is a heavy odor of bodies. Not that anyone is unwashed, but that seems to be the way that it is.

I get to work as usual, 23 minutes early. I don't care to talk with my fellow employees because most of them are, if not stupid, but only speak gossip or sports, so I choose to read books.

Whistle blows and we all so to out stations and the big factory comes to life, and how do I love that. Work is good.

----------------------------------------------

OK, I got it started, and I pick

Indubioproreo to pick it up. I also expect

Indubioproreo to give the story a title.

Lets have some fun!

Back to Top View animus's Profile Search for other posts by animus

Genosse
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
trotzdem wars schön

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31/May/2004 at 22:05 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Genosse

... or is it? Actually, I wouldn't know. I was laid off more than 13 month ago. Hadn't it in me to tell the wife or the kids yet. They always look at me with such admiring eyes, totally confident in my ability to keep them fed and clothed.
Peculiar how things work out sometimes- shortly before I was laid off, I had a brief affair with a co-worker. Nothing too serious. Her name was Tania and she was everything my wife isn't. Young, wild and terra incognita. I love my wife, sure but after all those years, I know every little habit, every small habit and every mannerism of her. It's nice the way we complete each other's sentences and how she always brings me what i want without having to ask what it is I want but... you know.
So, Tania. She got me interested in a lot of stuff, I even went to one of her weird seances with her. Went wild, lived a little. At nights, I'd lay next to my wife, dreaming about what my life would be like if I actually dared leaving it.
I guess, I owe it to Tania that I filled in the lottery ticket, something I had never done before. I won. Not the jackpot, just enough to dream a little more realistically about leaving the wife and starting over someplace warm.
The next day, my son broke his arm and snapped me right out of my Tania dreams. Never saw her again, never told my wife or anybody about the stack of cash I had hidden in the shed.
The rest is quickly told- got laid off, now lay awake at nights, worrying about my family finding out, guilt ridden about my Tania adventure.
So far, the lottery money keeps the bills paid but it's only a matter of time until it tapers out.
What will happen after that?

animus

Posted: 01/June/2004 at 04:23 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote animus

BRAVO

So who is next?

Message inserted by SfD invitation bot:

Think your English is not good enough to post here?
Nobody cares! Just start to post.

Busy Bee

Posted: 02/June/2004 at 15:01 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Busy Bee

Actually, I figure it'll keep the bills paid for exactly one more month. One month. 30 days.

I said it before- peculiar how things work out sometimes. If I wasn't the man I am, devoid of any interests or passions, would I have just thrown the money in the shed?

I keep on walking, occassionally bumping into someone who runs late for work, heading for the large gate, open like a huge mouth, greedy, just waiting to be fed, with a panicky look.

I have nine hours to kill. I remember being a kid and pondering the little sign my mother kept posted to the fridge: "Today is the beginning of the rest of your life". Bullshit. All that means is that tomorrow will be the day after the beginning of the rest of your life.

I stop to tie my shoe. What will I do? What? What? How can I ever explain this to my wife? How can I even face myself in the mirror?

I have taken to donating blood, but that's not a way to get rich. It gives you 40 bucks and a cookie, and that's it.  I stare at the kids every night, curse their healthy appetites and hope and pray their teeth are not crooked or they want to start with any sport that might result in costly doctor bills. I break out in cold sweat every time the wife mentions being a bit bored now the kids are bigger. What will I do if she picks up a hobby other than cutting out coupons?

I rub the band aid on my arm from my last blood donation. What if...

Welcome to SfD, guest! Please take the time and register to join us.

Back to Top View Busy Bee's Profile Search for other posts by Busy Bee

animus

Posted: 04/June/2004 at 05:27 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote animus

Interesting twist,,,

I like it

fan

Posted: 04/June/2004 at 09:05 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote fan

Why don't the members post here? I want to read more.
Back to Top View fan's Profile Search for other posts by fan

tude dog
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
poor me,poor me, pour me another one

Posted: 05/June/2004 at 05:56 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote tude dog

What if I just leave?

I know it is wrong to leave my family, but, there just isn't a job for me here. It will only be a few hundred miles, same country, same people, but I know I will not be well receive. I speak with a different accent and will be known as an outsider. But I hear that there are jobs there. Back breaking, low paying, but, there is nothing here.

I pretend to go to work, I leave a letter to my wife,,

In it I tell her that I am unable to secure an income and am leaving to where the jobs are. I leave her what is left of the money, excepting the minimal amount it would take to hitch a ride and eat two meager meals.

I arrive, get a job right away, but the pay. Hardly enough to house and feed me.

I am lucky in that I did bring a blanket, as I could forgo the cost of a roof. I send the difference to my wife. I sleep where I can, and on an occasion afford a bath.

I receive no letters from my wife because I have no address. I don't know if she even gets my letters, and the little money.

It is spring now and near summer so I can sleep outside,,how long can this endure?

Edited by tude dog on 05/June/2004 at 05:57
Back to Top View tude dog's Profile Search for other posts by tude dog Visit tude dog's Homepage

Biggi

Posted: 06/June/2004 at 21:30 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Biggi

I'm not really sure if that is actually a made-up story or reality. Sounds extremely realistic.

And sorry, I can not take part in this series, my German isn't made for poetry and my English is even below that.

Think your English is not good enough to post here?
Nobody cares! Just start to post.

tude dog
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
poor me,poor me, pour me another one

Posted: 06/June/2004 at 21:38 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote tude dog

Biggi wrote:
I'm not really sure if that is actually a made-up story or reality. Sounds extremely realistic. And sorry, I can not take part in this series, my German isn't made for poetry and my English is even below that.

OH PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

Nobody here is a Shakespeare,,,,,

As far as my last post, it was a generalization of stories my grandpa told me.

C'mon,,,its fun,,,,

Biggi

Posted: 06/June/2004 at 21:58 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Biggi

That's true. Me posting English poetry, that would be more than fun.

I'm yet guilty for the death of my three German-language teachers who jumped off a bridge after reading the German poems I was forced to write. I don't want to be the reason for a mass-suicode here.

animus

Posted: 19/June/2004 at 23:57 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote animus

twiw, everybody is waiting on you.

twiw
Bigger than the Beatles
Bigger than the Beatles
Generous donor to SfD!
Meaning of life: Beat tude dog by #posts

Posted: 21/June/2004 at 02:43 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote twiw

Oops, sorry, but this is WAY above my language level   

I tried here: http://www.studentsfordemocracy.org/sfd/forum/forum_posts.as p?TID=1695&PN=1

but after re-reading it now: twiw, shut up.

Edited by twiw on 21/June/2004 at 03:58

Genosse
Bigger than the Beatles
(Troll Task Force)
Bigger than the Beatles
trotzdem wars schön

Posted: 21/June/2004 at 11:49 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote Genosse

Biggi wrote:

That's true. Me posting English poetry, that would be more than fun.

I'm yet guilty for the death of my three German-language teachers who jumped off a bridge after reading the German poems I was forced to write. I don't want to be the reason for a mass-suicode here.

See, your inferior school system at work yet again.

Here you'd have been made to memorize so many poems you'd have started to write poems just so you can express your sorrow. A friend and me wrote a poem every single Latin lesson in 11th grade. About pigs or our Latin teacher. Day in, day out.

Ich wollt, ich hätt ein Schwein
rosa müsst es sein
Ich würde ihm ein Schlammloch bauen
und für es das Futter klauen
Und wenn es abends müde ist
damit es Mami nicht vermisst
kraul ich es zärtlich hinterm Ohr
und sing ihm ein Schlaflied vor.

Hehe. Thanks, Moni.

jadzia

Posted: 09/March/2005 at 16:55 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote jadzia

(Ok ill try to go on - kill me for this part if you want but this sucking boring guy needs an journey... the guyx dont have a name do i see that right or havent i read it?)

Sleeping outside first seemed to be a good idea. But ants, mosquitos and other animals are outside too, and than on me, sucking my blood, walking across my body and try to find a way INSIDE me - keep me away from sleep.
What have I given up for this? Tania ... ok that was over but also my wife and children.
Staring to the blinking stars, listen to a train on the track passing by near the lonly place I have choosen for sleep.
A noise. I look into the darkness of the near woods. Two bright yellow eyes. Bear? Wolve? Jumping to my feet to run away.
Something furry an my leg, a purring noise.
A cat.
A stupid lonly cat.
And I am a stupid guy fearing this little animal.

A new noise above me. Something big hides the stars.
Full of fear I stare at the thing that lands next to me.
In the pale light of the moon I can see details I dont want to see. This thing looks like cut out of a Sci Fi B Movie and the two guys coming out an airlock look like excaped from a zoo.
"You told me here is no on"
"Yes yesterday there was no one"
"But .."
"But what .."
The two are discussing, igoring me - but WHY can i understand them.
"Hello.This is my brother Zkane and my name is Kreton."
One of the lizzardmen hast decidet to ignore me not longer.
"Ohhhm hello, I am Roger Allen", I reply.
"Can you repair an Yirr Unit?"
I dont know what this Yirr thing is but what have i to loose?
"If you pay me good i will."
"OK - you have the job. ."

What am i doing here?

Ten minutes later i sit with a glass of of fruit drink in my hand on a blue sofa in front of a big window seeing earth dissapear - but the two have said that i will be paid more than good for my help. And i have repaired all this stupid little things at home - it cant be hard to repair this Yirr what-ever-it-and-where-ever-it-is.

( So now you can kill me)

Have something to say? Let us know!

Back to Top View jadzia's Profile Search for other posts by jadzia Visit jadzia's Homepage

tude dog

Posted: 10/March/2005 at 09:50 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote tude dog

I finished my drink and against the disk of the Sun, the Earth is but a speck.

From behind Zkane calls to Roger, "It's time, we need the Yirr Unit".

Roger comes quickly to his feet and if not for Zkane grabbing Roger by his shirt  his head would have slammed into the ceiling.

"You must be careful, the Yirr Unit is only operating at 80%! It needs to be fixed or it will quit working. The weightlessness makes me and Kreton deathly sick."

Following Zkane down a ladder and through a bulkhead they enter a crowed room with all kinds of gizmo's. A small metal box with a single dial and button is attached to the floor.

Roger lowers to his knees and presses the button.

Big mistake!

He and Zhane fall to the ceiling! A cylinder falls on Zhane's head and breaks his skull.  Roger lands flat on his back.

Dazed, Roger tries to collect his thoughts. He takes a mental inventory of his body, moving arms and legs. Good, a lot of aches and pain, but nothing broken. Laying flat on his back he stares at the floor above him, with the Yirr Unit firmly attached.

He comes to his feet and inspects Zhane and the purple grease oozing out of his head. Doesn't look good.

He tries jumping to the Yirr Unit, but in reverse it seems to be operating at 100%.

Darn the luck.

Back to Top View tude dog's Profile Search for other posts by tude dog

jadzia

Posted: 13/March/2005 at 00:12 | IP Logged  |  Copy the link in order to refer to this post Quote jadzia

Thought we are writing in the First Person not in the Third?
Well when in the third ich can kill this stupid guy ....

Kreton comes into the room, looking around.
The Yirr is working again, fine. it keeps the Ship from overcrowding making to gravitation fields - one on the "floor" and one on the "ceiling" - so in a normaly for 500 people designed ship 1000 can live.
Then the Lizzardman recognizes his dead brother. Picks up the cylinder thing.
Roger looks to the big Alien holding his last Coka Cola Can in his hand.
"Could I have this thing back - seems I lost it."
There are stupid sentences in the universe - and Roger is a stupid guy.
Kreton looks again to his brother. "You have killed him - wasted precious DNA of my Clan. Normally I have to kill you for that. But my people are dying - since 10000 of Earth years we are searching a way back home - maybe your DNA could be good to keep us up a few more generations", Kreton makes a sign to a crewmember on the former floor.
The big Lizard jumps up, passes the pint of Zero gravitation, turns his body and lands on the former ceiling.
"Extrakt his DNA, extrakt his memory then then freeze him."
"Me is Kuka", the new Alien says. First Roger thinks the translator is not working but the Alien keeps ion speeking in wrong grammar while conversations from other Crewmembers passing by on the passageway are translated right.
Reproducing thousends of years only with a degenerating genpool results stupid People.
Roger is one .
Kuka is another one.
Rogers Memory fills only one blue disk looking like glas.
Kukas Memory wouldens fill a half one.
After extrakting DNA and memory - Kuka exekutes the last instruction od his Commander. He freezes Roger.
Instead of putting him into crygenic sleep like the other 2000 crewmembers - he throws him out of the Air Lock of the ship.
In space, Roger freezes very fast - Maybe, someday he will be collected by an Earth Ship.

Kreton is not angry loosing this Earth guy who is only breathing HIS Air.
He checkes the memory disk of Rogers mind and finds that the stupid guy has left his family behind. This can not be a civilization of intelligent people - Family is holy for Kretons clan.
He gives Order to go back to earth to pick up Rogers wife - Naturally women are more intelligent than man - and Kreton and his only male crew need a new female Commander to find the way home.

What am I doing here?

Susan thinks, not knowing her stupid man had thought the same thoughts just Hours ago.

But commanding a space ship is better than sitting without money at home.
"Where will we go?" Kreton asks the question she wanted to ask.
"Uhm ..." Susan looks at the Holo-Star-Map and points one bright Star because it looks nice - human Women decide most in their life this way - but Kreton dont know that thing and noddes satisfied about this good choice.
Maybe its the way home.

Susan is happy, the big room she is sharing with her son, is bigger than her house, and jumping to the "ceiling" and back to the "floor" she will also learn.

And now I go to sleep

2 Pages  1 2 »
  Select the text you want to have translated Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version